The Connect module allows firms to sync time and billing with LawPay Link to accept payments and automatically post back to their matter management system. Implementation requires installation of a web service and running a script of stored procedures. For more information, click here to review our installation guides.
Only payments originating through the Connect module can be posted.
All of your LawPay Link payments will appear in the Payment Manager but payments processed via Enter Payments, Payment Schedules and Send For Payment Quick Link will not appear in the Manage Postings section in the Connect area of your LawPay Link portal and must be manually added to your matter management system. Payment Page payments can only be posted if you check the box on the payment page setup page to create a posting record.
Once items in the Pending bucket are posted, this process creates text files and holds them in a folder on your server. The receipt posting process will grab them from this location for your matter management software to retrieve. It may take up to 10 minutes to transfer the files. Depending on the integration, you may need a credit upload process in your matter management software to finalize the batch.
Within each view, a person icon on the left side of the screen indicates the payment was created via a payment page.
All of your approved Connect transactions are organized into 7 different default views:
- Pending/Incomplete - A combined view where you can see all of your approved transactions awaiting another action. Incomplete items have a red box around them to call attention to the fact that something needs fixing.
- Pending - Approved transactions awaiting another action such as posting to your matter management system.
- Incomplete - These are approved transactions that have a data conflict that needs to be resolved such as an invalid invoice number or multiple invoice numbers.
- Posted - Transactions that have been posted to your matter management software.
- Removed - Transactions that do not require further action but were not posted through the integration.
- Queued - As soon as you hit the Post Selected button, they will sit in the Queued bucket until they are successfully posted. It may take up to 10 minutes for items to post via the integration.
- All (Read Only) - All Connect transactions appear in the view but this is for reporting purposes only. You cannot post or close anything from this screen.
Reallocating Payments to resolve data conflicts:
- Look for items with a red box around them.
- Click the Edit Posting Record button.
- Click the Reallocate Payment button at the top of the page to use the Connect Payment flow to locate the correct payment or account to apply to the payment OR click Remove at the bottom of the page to move it into the Removed view and update your matter management software manually.
- Post Selected means you are sending this item to your matter management software via the integration, which moves it to the Posted bucket.
- Remove Posts means you have manually accounted for this item so it should not be sent via the integration, which moves it to the Removed bucket.
- Post All allows you to post all transactions without taking the time to make selections. It is especially useful if you have multiple pages of posting records that you would like to post at the same time.
- Move to Pending only appears in the Removed view. If you change your mind and decide you would like to post an item previously removed from the Pending view, you can move it back to pending so the item can be posted to your matter management software.
- Export to Excel allows you to view the results in spreadsheet form. You can reorganize the data to better serve your needs, use it to reconcile other systems, save it or even import into other programs.